The zm-support-client script on Mac, Linux and Solaris Amanda Enterprise clients generates an archive containing information needed by Zmanda Support team
The zm-support-client script on Mac, Linux and Solaris Amanda Enterprise clients generates an archive containing logs and other information needed by the Zmanda Support team to troubleshoot issues. Please find the categories below to learn the corresponding instructions for collecting and uploading client logs:
1. Log into the Amanda Enterprise client as root.
2. Run the script. It generates the log archive in your current working directory.
- Attach the generated archive to your reply to the support case (if it is less than 10 MB large) or upload it to our FTP site. To access our FTP site, please see How to send files to the Zmanda Support Team.
- Update the support case with the name of the file(s) uploaded. The Zmanda Support team are not automatically alerted about the uploads to the FTP site, and uploaded files are not automatically associated with open cases.
- Provide as much information as possible about the problem you are having. Describe what you were attempting to do when the problem occurred and any error messages that were returned.
- Run the following command as root to collect a log bundle on your ZRM Client.
2. After the bundle has been gathered, upload the logs to our FTP server using the information in this article: How to send files to the Zmanda Support Team. Once the logs have been uploaded, update Zmanda support with the name of your log bundle.